Remembering and appreciating the little things in life is a simple thing we can do to make ourselves happy, even just for the moment. Sometimes little things are more precious and valuable than the big things. We should appreciate these things. Sometimes we forget about the little things and take them for granted. Selfish, entitled, materialistic people often do not take the time to appreciate these things and want everything the big and the best. When we remember the little things, we become more happy and appreciative about what life has to offer.
I remember and appreciate all the little things. I remember when I went over to a family friend’s house and her granddaughter came running to me, screaming my name and her laugh when my friend pushed us around my wheelchair. I remember chasing the grandson around my house and how much fun we had. I will always remember these little moments. I find it really important to remember these things and not get caught up in the bigger and better. I never take a precious little moment for granted and remember each moment. Sometimes these things may be gone and I will never see it again. It’s important to remember the little moments, but it’s also important to appreciate the physical things around us to. One thing I appreciate is that even though the snow is cold and is really hard for me to get around, it is something beautiful to look at when we’re stuck inside.
These are the littlest moments I remember and the littlest things I appreciate:
- Even though snow is cold and hard to get around in, something beautiful comes out of it
- Delicious food
- Hugs from your best friends
- When a little kid runs up to me and hugs me
- When a little kid holds my hand
- Tackling and/or tickling a child and hearing him/her laugh
- Babies. Just babies. Precious little human beings.
- Laying beside a friend and talking for hours
- Warm, cozy blankets
- Live concerts
- Meeting Demi
- When people do little acts of kindness for me
- Accessibility on buses
- When my dog is happy to see me when I get home
- When my cat lets me cuddle her
- Nice weather
- Knowing someone is just a text away
- First time I used my motorized chair
- Bite sized food
- Being able to talk and have a special connection with people from different parts of the world
- Being able to relax after a busy day
- Getting joy from Disney movies even though I’m an adult
- Sweats and fuzzy PJ pants
- Nice smells
- Ramp to get into my house
- Warm bubble baths
- Automatic doors
- Vending machines
- Watching Frozen for the first time
- Sing-a-longs at the piano during the first year of college
- The sound of guitar
- Meaningful lyrics
- New music from favourite artists
- Last minute fun plans
- Walking in the pool with no kind of support for the first time
- When people trust me
- A good mark on an assignment
- My special ornament I get every year
- Spending my break with the special needs students when I was in high school
- Getting inside a warm building after being out in the cold
- Adrenaline rushes that I get from rides, waterslides, full speed in my wheelchair, etc.
- Sleeping in
- Not so busy days
- Going to my favourite restaurant
Below I’m going to type up a few things for you to do/think about. I’m going to start putting different ones at the end of each post. Do me a favour and actually do it/think about it. If you feel comfortable, post your responses in the comments on the link to this post on facebook/Lovato.club/wherever you’re getting this from.
- Make a list of 10 little moments you remember.
- Make a list of 10 little things you appreciate.
Remember: Little things. This blog post is focusing on little things. And remember, don’t take anything for granted!
Stay strong lovelies <3